Anchun’s isothermal reactor is a big contribution to the chemical industry. Chemical reactions are the foundation of chemical industry. Reactor is the heart of a chemical process. Chemical industry all along seeks to lower material consumption, energy consumption, investment and meet high safety and environmental standards. The important contribution of Anchun’s isothermal reactor to the chemical industry can be summarized as:
- Isothermal condition ensures high reaction conversion and scale-up capability;
- Isothermal condition ensures broad catalyst selection, which can be focused on target product, not constrained by temperature applicability;
- Compared with conventional methanol reactor and CO shift reactor, Anchun’s isothermal reactor is easy to operate. Mild reaction condition solves the hot-spot temperature spikes often seen in conventional reactors. Catalyst lifetime doubles.
- Expensive special purpose material is no longer needed for reactor construction because of the mild reaction condition. External boiler is no longer needed.
- Anchun’s isothermal reactor has a wide applicability for many medium and low-pressure gas-solid reactions, especially the methanation reaction in the coal-to-natural gas process. The conventional coal-to-natural gas process involves multiple reactors because of high evolved heat and concerns for temperature spikes and the need to re-cycle the reacted gas stream for better conversion. Using the isothermal reactor to replace conventional adiabatic reactor is a huge improvement—we can even say, a revolution, in chemical industry development. The economic and social benefits are immeasurable.
Vice Chief Engineer